Inngest allows you to build serverless, event driven systems in minutes. We'll walk through
What is Inngest?
Inngest is a platform for building serverless event-driven systems rapidly. In short, we do several things for you:
- Host and deploy serverless functions - that you can write in any language, and deploy in one line
- Subscribe to all of your events - internally, from services such as Stripe, or from your infrastructure
- Allow you to react to events in real time - with builtin integrations, or with your own code
It also empowers you with full visibility into every workflow that runs, including full version history and an audit trail of your serverless events and workflows.
It's easy to get started. You can sign up for free, start receiving events immediately with our integrations, and run and deploy serverless functions in seconds.
Read our quick start guide for a step-by-step introduction.
Inngest has a few core concepts to understand:
- Events. Events represent actions happening in your business. They can be triggered from your own services or from systems you use, such as Stripe, Shopify, or Salesforce.
- Workflows. A workflow is a series of serverless functions that runs each time an event is received, or on a schedule. This allows you to create your own automated logic in response to events.
- Actions. An action is a serverless function that can run as part of a workflow. This could be your own code or an integration provided from Inngest, such as sending a push notification.
Some example use cases
You can use Inngest to build out flows across your entire company, from engineering to marketing to sales to operations. Some common use cases are:
- Creating workflows to manage churn.
Many people using Inngest send
signupevents to Inngest, and create workflows which send push notifications, emails, and messages to customers when customers begin churning.
- Operational management. People often use Inngest's integrations with Jira, ClickUp, and Salesforce to automate their operational flows for their customers. Whether it's syncing data after tickets are updated, creating tasks from new orders, or managing escalations if things are behind deadline, Inngest powers these core operational flows.
- Complex billing flows. Payment reminders, subscriptions, metered billing, and dunning are complex workflows to build. People create workflows which react to payment failed events with their own steps, escalating the issue to AR after numerous failed attempts. People also use Inngest's scheduled workflows to send billing reminders and manage metered billing.
These are only a few examples. Inngest can run workflows which contain your own code and can communicate with any service you use, so the possibilities are endless.